Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fashion Drama

Seems Jack is determined to be my fashionista.  We frequently have battles about what he is going to wear.  For some time he was fine with me picking out his clothes.  Now, however, he has an opinion of his own and he is not afraid to let me know!

If I let him pick out his clothes he would wear the same few things every day.  Eventually he gives in and will wear what I give him.  He even says how much he loves it and how handsome he looks.  Maybe it is just the idea that I picked it out for him that disturbs him!

I am at least wise.  I almost NEVER take him shopping with me.  I certainly don't want him picking things out from the store.  He would pick some nice things, but then he would go for all the crap I cannot stand!  He already asks for light up shoes like his friends at school have.  We refuse do get them.  He gets over it quickly. 

Jack is not my only boy interested in fashion.  Ewan and Sean are quite into their looks too.  As we started pulling out all the spring/summer clothes everyone got excited to wear "new" clothes.  Sean would point to his shirt and let me know he liked what was on it!  Ewan even likes having Jack's old clothes (for now anyway). 

Oma brought back some cool socks from her trip to Seattle.  Not many kids would be thrilled to get socks, mine, however, were thrilled to death.  They walked all over the house holding their socks and talking about them!!!  Thank goodness, I would much rather they get clothes or socks  as gifts instead of toys.

An then of course there is me!  I'm working on replacing my wardrobe.  Obviously my pre-baby clothes don't fit, or if they do they just are not my style anymore.  So I am tortured by every catalog that comes my way now.  I want so much!!!  At least I have a birthday coming soon  (what else do I need anyway, well besides a case or two of stain remover)!  I have also gotten some new cute kiddo clothing catalogs too.....so much temptation!!  The boys don't even have any reasons for gifts or clothes.  Oh well!

Today was a nice day.  Absolutely no complaints when the boys got dressed this morning.  They were actually excited to wear jeans since it was a little cooler.  Jack  has been quite upset lately that it has been too hot for jeans!  And don't even get me started on shoes!!!

No comments: