Monday, March 5, 2012

Another Full Weekend

Our weekend started out wonderfully.  I dropped the kids off at Oma and Opa's and Josh met me there.  We left my car AND THE KIDS!!  We were off for date night.  Not just any date night, and entire night without the kids.  They had a pizza dinner, hot chocolate with marshmallows and spent the night!!

Josh and I enjoyed a nice adult dinner at Blue Marlin.  It had been far too long since we last went there!  The food was wonderful, as was the company of course.  Since we were off to a slightly late start though we decided not to do a movie too.  We were looking forward to a movie, but staying up until midnight just wasn't in the cards for us.

Saturday morning we started our movie (we've had this particular Netflix for nearly two months).  I checked my email and found an early morning message from Oma.  Seems she had been up with the boys since 3AM.  I gave her a call....Sean was congested but went back to sleep.  Ewan threw up (luckily he made it to the bathroom).  Then just as she was about to fall asleep again Jack told her Ewan got sick again, this time in bed.  Not such a good night for Oma!!

Needless to say we didn't watch our movie and went to rescue Oma and Opa.  Just before we got there Ewan threw up again.  Rough morning all around.  We took the gang home and stayed in all day (it was raining anyway).  Ewan did not get sick again, but he definitely was low in energy.  By lunch time I wasn't feeling so well either.  The guys FINALLY succeeded in getting me sick!!  They have been trying for weeks now. 

It took some time, but I finally got Ewan to nap.  He woke up hysterical so I had to lay down with him and he finally went back to sleep.  Then Sean started screaming.  Apparently he did not want to nap.  No rest for me either I guess.  We headed downstairs and kept it quiet.  Once again no chance to watch our movie!  The afternoon went on....I actually checked on Ewan at 6:20!!!  I had to wake him up since it was getting so late and he napped for over four hours!  Luckily he still went to bed pretty easily.

Sunday was finally a little better.  Sean was still a free flowing snot machine, thanks to teething.  We had bagels at Panera and then Josh and the guys flew airplanes.  We went to the grocery store and headed home.  I cleaned, did loads of laundry....  We had lunch and the boys got lots of outside play time. I sorted through baby clothes to send some with my uncle to take to my cousin.  It was slightly sad to see some of them go;  good memories of my handsome little hunks!!   Sean took a good nap, the big boys did not  nap at all.  I baked some banana bread and managed to rest a little. 

Sunday we had a wonderful dinner with Oma and Opa and my uncle visiting from Ohio.  It was nice to have somebody else cook!!  Thanks Oma!!  The boys enjoyed showing off for Uncle Jerry.  The salted caramel peanut banana bread was yummy.   The boys got to bed a little late and that was the end of our weekend.  BUSY and not all pleasant!!

No comments: