Sunday, January 8, 2012

Life Returns to "Normal"

We are finally resume our normal routine.  For this I am thankful.  Things got hectic with the holidays, lots of activities, lots of baking, present overload...  So now we go on in the new year with our lives as they were before the holidays, with of course more toys and goodies.

Saturday began with breakfast at Drip (Ewan's hangout with Oma).  It was nice for Josh and I to go for our first visit there.  It was tasty!  We went to the farmer's market and played there plus got some yummy bread and eggs.  Then it was off to Oma and Opa's to hook up their new TV.   And then we helped/watched Daddy fly his airplanes.

After lunch at home I took down the tree and decorations while all the guys played outside.  I also put up the Valentine decorations.  I cleaned the entire downstairs, washed laundry....  We had dinner at home, cut all the boys' hair, did bath, cleaned the upstairs, played and then it was bedtime for the boys.  I cleaned the kitchen and put away the  Christmas dishes (managed to break three mugs from my regular dishes in the process).  It was a busy day!!

Today we made our Cars pancakes for breakfast.  The boys were all happy about that.  It was our first try and there is a learning curve.  We know what to do next time a little better, but they were still tasty and looked pretty good.  I also managed to drop the sheet of bacon on the floor, thus getting grease all over.  Luckily I was planning on mopping the kitchen today (almost did it last night)!!

We flew planes with Daddy again.  The boys and I also played soccer and football.  I'm working on my spiral;  I must say it is getting pretty good!  We had lunch at home and the boys played outside again.  I cleaned AGAIN...mopped kitchen, bathrooms, did laundry, dishes etc. 

Indeed life is back to "normal"!  Jack and I are both excited school is back in session too.  The toy madness is settling down and they favor things they can build....Sean's train tracks, the gear set and dinosaurs.

No comments: