Monday, January 9, 2012

Calendar Love

This year I did our family calendar at Mixbook, mainly because I had several groupons to use there.  This allowed me to order several to use as gifts and still get a good price.  It turned out even better than I expected.  We previously used either Shutterfly or Snapfish.  I enjoyed the quality of Mixbook even better.  The paper is thick and superior quality.  The kicker....the paper is ethically sourced from sustainable forests and certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and the Rainforest Alliance.  Needless to say I will stay with them for the long haul!!!

The boys also enjoy looking at the calendar.  They always like looking at older photos.  Yesterday they looked at the current month which has pictures from one of last year's snowfalls.  They asked when it would snow again, as if it was written on the calendar somewhere!!  I had to tell them to just wait and see if we get any this year.  Then we browsed through the rest of the calendar and checked out their birthdays.  Somehow in designing the calendar I missed something important....Ewan's birthday will be on Thanksgiving Day this year!!!  We will have to plan one big family gathering...wild Weitzel Thanksgiving here we come, well hopefully.  Ewan now keeps commenting that "I like my Thanksgiving birthday"!!!  It is too funny.

Needless to say it will be a while before that birthday, but we're looking forward to it nonetheless.  Until then, it's time to get ready to design Valentine cards on Mixbook!  Wish me luck getting a picture of all three boys!

No comments: