Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crazy Sick Madness

It seems lately all the boys are doing their best to make my life miserable.  OKAY, so maybe they are not doing it on purpose, but still I'm going insane!

Last Thursday night Jack starting show signs of being sick.  It began with a cough.  Friday he woke up sick and of course could not go to school.  That left us stuck home ALL day.  I was going stir crazy, as were the boys.  I figured great, at least they should nap well.  WRONG!!  I finally gave up on naps and we all went for a walk in the neighborhood.  This went relatively well (the day before Ewan whined and cried nearly the whole way for no reason).  But still no naps!

Saturday Jack and Ewan woke up still sick, runny noses, coughs, fever.  So our plan for breakfast at the farmer's market wasn't going to work (hard to eat outside in the cold with sick little guys).  So they perked up a little and we went out to breakfast.  That went well at least.  The rest of the day was calm, relatively speaking.  Saturday night Josh was feeling the cold coming his way so he took some PM medicine and slept like a rock.  So that left me to take care of Sean who woke up with a cough in the middle of the night.  He did not want to eat, drink or go back to sleep.  So we hung out for about an hour and a half.

Sunday the men folk were still all sick, though Jack and Ewan were on the mend.  I had laundry and cleaning to do, as I always do!  PLUS my friend from Germany was coming.  Not the best timing with the troops being sick.  Luckily everyone, including Josh but of course not me, napped in the afternoon and I got the rest of my work done.  Jens came, Oma and Opa had dinner here and all was relatively good (though Sean was extra clingy).

Of course Sunday night the madness began again.  Jack was up once before I went to bed and Sean got up shortly after I went to bed.  I had just fallen asleep when he woke.  Once again he just wanted to be held.  So we stayed up for two hours.  I FINALLY got to go to sleep around 2AM or so. 

After two extremely short and restless nights I was not in the best of moods.  And Monday morning none of the boys cooperated with my mood either.  Sean only wanted to be held, and of course I didn't have time to hold him constantly.  So he cried a lot.  Jack and Ewan fought over cars.  All three boys were screaming and woke Josh and Jens (Josh stayed home sick that day).  GREAT!  I'm having a wonderful day.

Luckily Jack was fine to go to school.  No fever, no coughing, just the usual snot.  So I packed up all three boys and drove to school.  Ewan whined the whole way and Sean cried.   We got home, put Sean down for a nap.  It didn't last long, even though I knew he was exhausted.  We enjoyed the rest of our time with Jens (Hopefully the boys didn't scare him from every visiting again.  I promise they normally aren't like that)! 

The rest of the day was somewhat of a blur due to my sleep deprivation.  I took the boys to get some Gatorade for Josh, picked up Jack.  Had lunch, what little everyone was eating.  Sean, Ewan and I went upstairs for naps.  Ewan had other plans.  He went in the bathroom, ate toothpaste and opened a ton of band aids.  I could hear Ewan and Jack playing downstairs, but I did manage to get a little sleep. 

I came downstairs and hung out with the guys.  After a while Ewan slowed down and asked to lay down with Daddy.  Then Jack climbed up.  Before you could blink your eyes they were asleep.  So they FINALLY managed to get a short nap on the couch with Daddy.  Sean ended up sleeping for nearly four hours.

The rest of the evening was calm.  The boys were still somewhat tired and sluggish.  They went to bed easily.  We went to bed early.

Today everyone is better.  They all slept through the night, thank goodness.  They are still snotty, but energy levels are better.  That being said we are going stir crazy!!  We'll be heading to the zoo shortly!!

Times like this is when being Mommy really  stinks.  Even though I'm exhausted, nobody tells me to go take a nap.  Nobody takes care of me.  I don't get to call in sick.  At least there are the cute moments to make it a little better like snuggling with the little guys and watching them sleep with Daddy.







No comments: