Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fashion Success

Yesterday I actually got to take the day off and was gone from 9am-5pm.  I had so much fun and success.  I went with my mom to Charlotte.  We hit the outlet mall with the hopes of finding some jeans.  Since having three kids my wardrobe is needless to say rather pathetic.  I got some things after Jack was born that fit after Ewan and Sean too.  Now that I have finally lost more of the baby weight and knowing that my body will NEVER be the same after three c-sections in under three years it was time to update my clothes.

I always dread shopping for jeans, it is so difficult to find the right fit and size.  Women's clothing is insane!  So we set out and hit our target stores.  I don't think I have ever tried on so many clothes before.  Nor do I think I have ever spent so much time shopping, especially for myself (about 4 hours total including lunch).  We both found several tops and my mom found pants and jeans.  I, on the other hand, had absolutely no jeans.  We had been to the Gap, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, DKNY...nothing worked.  I was losing hope and stamina.

Time for a lunch break and regrouping.  I enjoyed my kid's meal from Firehouse Subs and felt better.  All we had left was Nautica and Ralph Lauren, and that was more to look for Jack.  Wonder of all wonders they had some jeans at Nautica.  I tried them on and THEY FIT!!!  Tried on another pair and they fit!!!  YEAH, finally success. 

Then it was off to Trader Joe's to stock up on goodies.  We so need one here in Columbia!  All in all a fabulous day.  I was able to try on clothes and find lots that I liked and got.  Nothing like feeling good about what you are wearing.  After all, I try not to fall into the mommy look.  I cannot stand that!  So after I enjoyed my time without the kids it was pleasant to come home to them.  I think I need to do this much more often, well not the shopping part, but the time away part.

No comments: