Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Food Revolution

We here at Chez Dalrymple try to eat well.  I am quite thankful that Jack and Ewan are good eaters.  I don't know if it's luck or just constant exposure to good food.  I know many children their age that don't eat well...only chicken nuggets, cheese and other "kid" food.  I try to avoid this though obviously sometimes we do have "bad" food. 

We recently finished watching the second "Food Revolution" with Jamie Oliver.  It certainly opened my eyes as to what children eat in public schools across the country.  That having been said, my children will of course be taking their lunches.  I can only hope that seeing other children's bad eating habits won't influence them.

Last night we tried our first recipe from the Food Revolution cookbook.  I made chicken korma and it was a huge success.  Jack and Ewan ate their entire dinner!!  Like I said, they are good eaters.  We also had homemade naan with it (thanks to Josh for that one).  It's always better knowing what's in you food, and the best way to do that is to make it yourself.

It's nice to have a family dinner at home and everyone discuss their day.  That having been said, in practice it isn't always that nice, YET.  Right now we're busy getting Jack and Ewan to behave at the table, eat nicely and keeping Sean from putting all his food in his hair.  All of this practice, however, will someday lead to nice family dinners!  I also look forward to the day the boys can help cook.  I know they would love to help, but right now they just get in the way!

What recipe shall we try next??



Chicken Korma, YUMMY

No comments: