Sunday, June 19, 2011

Welcome Home

The madness  continues!!!  Yesterday morning we left the island shortly after 9.  The boys were loud for a while, but eventually everyone napped.  We stopped for gas and an early lunch at Chick Fil A.  It was crowded when we got in....guess everyone headed to the beach or coming from the beach was stopping there.  LOTS of families (after all it's a decent place to get fast food for kids AND let them play).  Josh took the big boys potty and I got in the long line for food. 

All was good.  We ate and the crowd grew.  The big boys were playing and the crowd was HUGE....I got in line for the bathroom which took a while.  We finally managed to get everyone fed finally headed out.  No sooner are we on the road and Jack and Ewan announce they are hungry.  What pigs!!!  What will we ever do when they are teenagers?!

We arrived home just before 2PM.  Josh unloaded the car, I fed Sean.  In what seemed like forever I managed to unpack absolutely everything and put it all away AND make a quinao salad....by 3:30 the boys and I headed to a birthday party.  What a busy day!!!

All the boys had a blast at the party.  Jack and Ewan had such fun in the hot tub.  Sean enjoyed the baby pool.  We ate and socialized.  It was great fun.  Josh stayed home to get a little work down.  We got home shortly after 8 and it was time to get ready for bed.  I did dishes....and FINALLY by 9PM I was able to sit down and "relax" a little bit.

Then the fun began.  Jack and Ewan both got up once.  When they are overstimulated they never seem to sleep well.  But that wasn't enough.  Around 3AM Jack woke up again.  While in the hallway on the way to his room I could hear it.....he was vomitting.  GREAT!  So I had to change his sheets....absolutely no fun changing the top bunk in the middle of the night.  Luckily vomitting didn't scare him as it has in the past and he did quite well and was ready to go back to bed, so was I.  Then maybe 30 minutes later he did it again.  This time we took him downstairs.  I sat and watched TV with him for a short while.  Went to bed again.  AND then AGAIN!!!  I believe all in all this happened four times!!!  So I was up from about 3AM to maybe 5:30 or so since it took me forever to fall asleep.  Then of course Jack was up and ready to go by about 7:15 and the other boys shortly thereafter.

WELCOME HOME!!!  And better yet, Happy Father's Day Daddy!!!

No comments: