Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

Friday was my 39th birthday.  It didn't start out very well.  Seems the kids pulled out all the stops....shouldn't they wait til my 40th for that?!  It began with Sean waking at 2:30 in the morning.  He is teething and gets up now and then for now reason (well other than his mouth is probably in pain of course).  I finally manged to  put him back down around 3:45.  He still cried.  So Josh decided to go ahead and bring him into our bed.  He was FULL of energy and ready to go.  I WAS NOT!!  Josh left for work and I put Sean in bed at 5:30.  He cried again but eventually fell asleep.  I got about an hour of sleep before Jack woke up.

Jack knocked on my door and woke me up around 7.  He said he peed in his bed.  I cannot remember the last time he ever had an accident.  He picks my birthday of all days.  The day I'm already sleep deprived.  I absolutely HATE changing the sheets on the top bunk!

So finally the big boys and I head down for breakfast.  Then it is already time to head up and get dressed and ready for school.  Despite being told to remain quiet, Jack and Ewan are LOUD and wake up Sean.  Mind you I would have had to wake him shortly anyway, but still.

Sean is crying and screaming.  Not at all in a good mood.  Everyone gets dressed.  I try to give Sean breakfast.  He wants nothing.

We pack up and head to school.  Jack enjoys a morning of school and the rest of us head to the gym.  I took out my frustrations on the elliptical and kicked butt!  I hit my record of 184 WATTS and 1340 calories burned per hour.  I maintained this for maybe five minutes and then did my usual of 150-160 WATTS and 1150-1200 calories per hour.  I did my weight routine and finished up on the treadmill.  So at least part of my morning was successful and "relaxing", or should I say QUIET.

We picked up Jack from school and headed home for lunch.  It was a lunch like any other.....messy boys, lots of chit chat, bickering, pigging out....  Then it was time to pack up their bags so they could go to the mountains.  This part went well too.

We played outside and then Oma and Opa came to get them just before 2 in the afternoon.  That was when my real birthday began!!!  Thanks for the best gift every, something money can't buy.....peace of mind and SILENCE!!!!!

I headed downtown to the permit office and it went smoothly.  Hopefully we'll have a permit for the garage soon.  Then I went home and enjoyed a piece of my birthday cake and watched one of my shows on the DVR.  It was pure bliss.

Josh got home early.  Even better!  We headed out for drink before our dinner reservation.  We went to Flying Saucer.  Haven't been there in years!  It was nice.  Then we walked around the Vista.  We still got to the restaurant early but they were able to seat us.  Our food arrived almost instantly.  I had some delish crispy duck breast with mashed sweet potatoes and a strawberry wine sauce.  Josh had tempura lobster tail and risotto. 

It was a perfect night.  So nice to be just the adults again.  We really do need to do that more often. 

Saturday we headed up to Charlotte.  Had breakfast on the way in Fort Mill.  Great little restaurant.  We looked at granite....4-5 different places.  It was almost granite overload.  We tried to narrow it down, but there was such great stuff!  Colors you do not see here in Columbia.

We went to Cabo Fish Taco for lunch.  One of our favorite places in Charlotte.  I had some yummy tuna tacos with a pineapple kiwi wasabi sauce.  And finally we went to Trader Joe's to stock up on  all our favorite groceries.

The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning and getting stuff around the house down.  It rained Sunday which ruined some of Josh's plans (like working in the garden and on the bar).  I went to the gym and grocery store.

Shortly after 3pm on Sunday it was back to reality.  The boys came home.  The silence ended! 

Thank you Oma and Opa for such a wonderful weekend.  I know the boys had a ton of fun in the mountains with ya'll.  There are not many grandparents who will take THREE ACTIVE BOYS under the age of five for a weekend.  You are the best!!!!!

No comments: