Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Birthday Boredeom

Somehow the older you get the less exciting birthdays can be.  This year I was going to get a new dishwasher for my birthday.  Wow, how thrilling!  Ok, maybe not.  But it is something I "need" and want.  We getting new granite counter tops for our anniversary (also exciting, right?!) so we thought we might start phasing in stainless steel appliances.  I HATE my dishwasher so this was a good place to start.

Well yesterday we just had the downstairs AC repaired which was a big expense.  Plus I've been thinking that I really don't want to waste my birthday on a new appliance.  So out goes the dishwasher for my birthday.  It can wait.  It's not like I desperately need it.  Kind of like the I-pad....I really want one but don't need it.  How can I justify the expense for something like that?

So it's back to clothes.  I really need/want lots of them.  So that's what I think I'll get for my birthday, well that or gift cards for them.  After all my husband and my mom are the only people I trust to pick out clothes for me.  Mom already got some on her trip to Seattle so I know she is done. 

Better yet, my parents are giving me the best gift ever.  They are taking the boys to the mountains the weekend of my birthday!!  That's right, a weekend with no kids.  We can go out for a nice quiet adults only dinner.  We may even go to Charlotte to look at granite slabs.  How exciting is that??!!  Hey, it's the small things that count!!

No comments: