Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tis the Season

It's that time of year again when we need to compile a list of present ideas.  In our house it is always difficult.   All three boys just had or will have birthdays soon and they truly do not need much of anything.  Plus we despise having too many toys anyway.  I just cannot stand clutter in a house and toys is definitely one way to go!

This year I think I've done a pretty good job of working on the lists.  We've got educational and practical toys for Jack and Ewan, plus fun stuff they want too.  Sean is the most difficult since he gets everything handed down and REALLY doesn't need much.  I still managed to come up with a few things for him.

I am really tricky too.  There is plenty of stuff I like, but the practical part of me says I really don't need it.  Why have stuff cluttering the house if I don't need it.  Nothing worse than things taken up space and being used rarely.  Plus I do not like gift cards either.  That having been said, I do need/want clothes, yet I only trust two people to buy these (dear hubby and my mom).  So of course gift cards is a solution to that.  Gifts cards just seem so impersonal though.  What kind of greedy society are we if all we can come up with is gift cards.  It's the same as cash and just doesn't show that you put forth any effort or know the person well.  I'm torn on this issue.

Josh is another tricky person.  His ideas are usually expensive or boring...aka car parts or tools.  I'm working on him too.

Two of our lists are already off to family members.  Good luck to ya'll, hope we could come up with something easy and that interests you at least!!  I'd like to think the Dalrmple Clan has been nice this year.   Despite my complaints about the boys sometimes, they really are sweethearts.  Just the other day I was in the hammock enjoying some time relaxing with all three boys.  Sweet moments like that remind how sweet they can be!!

No comments: