Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How do you do it all???

I hear this an awful lot.  I must say, in general it isn't too difficult.  Just NEVER get behind in the cleaning and laundry or you will never recover.  AND SAY A QUIET LITTLE PRAYER TO THE HEAVENS THAT THE KIDS BEHAVE!!!!

Today, for example, all before 7AM I got quite a bit done.  I got up and threw on my workout clothes and made the bed.  I folded a load of laundry and carefully placed two loads of clean clothes into one basket so that it was heaping way over.  I cleaned the powder room.  I Pledged the dining room table and Windexed the mirror centerpiece (ran out of time last night as the ironing took too long).  I managed to check email on my phone and even a few web sites, plus download a new shopping/coupon app on my phone.  I emptied the dishwasher.  I made room in the two fridges for the impending onslaught of Thanksgiving food.  I listened to my dear sweet Jack WHINE constantly about wanting Ewan's new watch (he was up at 5:40 this morning).

This whining leads to another subject.  The watch was taken away last night after Jack and Ewan got into major trouble at bedtime.  First Josh went up and they had been in the bathroom....took the bandaids and used several.  Later I went up.  They were in the bathroom AGAIN (I would have locked it after the first time, Josh was trying to teach them to stay out).  Somehow I got stuck cleaning the mess...this time they emptied Sean's toothpaste, put toilet paper in the toilet, sprayed stain remover all over the bathroom....

So needless to say it isn't always a breeze.  After last night and this morning the chaos is a little insane!  The sad thing is I would have been doing all this anyway, this doesn't even include extra stuff for Thanksgiving!  Oh wait, I did at least also manage to eat the last peppermint cupcake this morning too if I must confess.  I did need to put away the cake pedestal after all!!!

No comments: