Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bye Bye Baby

My dear sweet Sean is no longer a baby, and as such it is time to give him a big boy room.  Today phase one began.  I took down his nursery (sun, moon, stars and clouds) decals.  In the next day or so I'll take down the wall hangings, "Sweet Dreams" letters over his bed and start filling in nail wholes and sanding.

It's hard to believe that when I painted the nursery over four years ago I would have three boys in there already.  Who knew?!  It was almost exactly four years ago from now that I put up the decals and painted the stripe border.  Ah, not such fond memories of that as I was suffering from anxiety while on a medication to increase milk production for Jack.  Oh well, better times now and three happy and healthy boys.

Anyway, the whole changing of the room is also because Sean will be gone this weekend.  That makes it a perfect time to paint.  So he'll be getting gray walls and robot decals.  I haven't picked the curtains yet, though they will likely just be a solid color.  Then someday the theme can be changed relatively easily, just new decals and/or wall hangings.

I will have to post photos once it's all done.  I'm sure Sean will like no matter what.  His big brothers are already getting a little jealous, saying they want robots too! 

No comments: