Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Busy weekend

This past weekend was busy.  First we had Jack and Ewan's party on Saturday.  It was great fun of course.  Sean, however, only took a short nap after that and Jack and Ewan didn't nap at all.  So given the beautiful weather we headed to Sesqui where we went for a short hike and played on the playground.  Our goal was to wear out the boys, and of course have some fun!

Then it was dinner time, bath time...  We put them to bed early given the lack of sleep.  It worked!!  Success!!  Even with the time change and going to bed early they still managed to sleep well and Ewan even slept until 7:30 (which of course would have been 8:30)!

After an early breakfast Josh and the big boys went to fly the rc airplane while Sean and I got to work.  I put him in the swing and started putting out the pine straw.  I don't think I've gotten that much work done outside in years!!  I got all 50 bails out before 10AM!!!  I earned myself a long hot shower after that!!!

Josh and the big boys cleaned the garage.  Well, they tried to help and more than anything just played outside.  It was such a beautiful day again.  We so love this time of year in the South.

After lunch Jack had a birthday party to go to.  So off I was on party duty.  He had lots of fun at the party.  It was at Bouncerific so he expended plenty of energy bouncing around!  We swung by Lowe's on the way home and then played a little more before fixing dinner (which was a new recipe for sweet potato and chicken stew which was yummy).

And then to bed somewhat early again (no nap for Jack and still adjusting to time change).  I'm enjoying getting the boys to bed early!!

Even though we were busy a lot, I actually feel like I got something done this time.  Usually weekends fly by and I feel behind.  At least this time I managed to get out 50 bails of pine straw, do countless loads of laundry (some day I may count how many I do in a week, but I'm afraid it will scare me), cook a nice meal and of course pull of a birthday party!  Not bad.

No comments: