Friday, December 3, 2010

Culture

Today the boys got cultured...we all went to the ballet this morning.  Jack, Ewan and Sean all enjoyed seeing the Nutcracker.  OK, so Sean slept through half of it and had a bottle later, but still.  All things considered the bigger boys did well.  They sat pretty much all the way to intermission.  After intermission, however, they were more squirmy and I couldnt't control them since I was feeding Sean.  It was a challenge....I had to hold and feed Sean while either holding down Ewan's seat or crossing my leg to put my foot on Ewan's seat.  Even though Jack and Ewan are big, they are not big enough to hold down an auditorium seat!!  They sat folded up sometimes or Jack sat on top of the seat.

I certainly got lots of looks walking in and out of the auditorium....either "you're crazy" or "you're gutsy"!!   I had Sean in the sling and Jack and Ewan each holding a hand.  We managed to get a parallel parking spot directly in front of the Koger Center which was great.  It did mean we had to cross a VERY busy street,  but we did quite well.  The adventure was after the show.  Jack and Ewan were full of energy and hot to trot so we went straight to the car.  I strapped them in their seats and then changed Sean's diaper in the back of the car (that would be why I insisted my new car have a hatchback)!!  Well as soon as I opened his diaper he decided to pee (maybe the cold air triggered it)!  So now I need to clean a few dribbles out of the car!!
We went with our playgroup and all the kiddos did well.  It's nice to know I can take the boys to something longer and they will do relatively well.  They have also been to the children's theater and marionette theater and enjoyed productions there.

Jack is very into the holiday season.  We drove by the big Christmas tree at the State House and he said "I see Christmas"!!  He also liked the tree at the Nutcracker.  Wait until he sees a tree in his house!!!  Not sure how I'll keep the boys out of that!  I see lots of ornaments being taken down!

No comments: