Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lots of Action!!





































Just since this past weekend so much has happened. We'll go in chronological order. Friday we had some friends come visit Ewan for the first time. The Lipperts and Groths stopped by with all the kids. Hard to believe I used to watch them all and now they are so big!! I must be getting OLD! Jack did pretty well and wasn't too clingy. Ewan was his usual chipper self, showing off his cute smile and adorable pouty face.

Then later that evening my aunt and uncle from Virginia came for a visit. We enjoyed dinner at Oma and Opas's. Jack showed off for everyone, using the hearth as his stage.

Saturday morning before getting ready to leave the house I was putting laundry away upstairs and Josh was out running an errand. After noticing it was quiet I went down to find Jack greeting me in the hallway with a banana peel in his mouth!! My dear sweet boy will not stay out of the trash can!! It gets better....the peel was covered in something I couldn't identify so I went to the source. He chewed open 2 tea bags from the trash can. There were tea leaves all over the kitchen and Jack!!

Jack went shopping with all the ladies Saturday and enjoyed himself. We went to lunch at Red Robin and he was thrilled to get some balloons there!! When we shopped both boys were absolutely perfect; Ewan napped the whole time and Jack was absolutely quiet and still in the stroller. At dinner our house that night Jack enjoyed showing off his newest trick...climbing the kitchen chairs. He entertained Uncle Dick and Opa by climbing up and down repeatedly to master it! Of course he also stood up and tried to rock the chair as well. I foresee several falls onto the tile floor in our future.

Monday Josh was home for MLK Day and working on the car in the garage. I was in the kitchen with Jack while he climbed up on the kitchen table! I knew it was coming, after all he loved climbing the chairs so much, the table was next. Of course I didn't get him down, I went to the counter to get my camera!!! I was too slow; he fell off before I could get a picture. Don't worry...he was fine!!! Just a couple tears. Besides, he needs to learn not to climb on the table!

And finally today Jack had his first snow "dusting". I can't really call it an official snow, but we did get noticeable snow dust. He of course tried to pick it up and play with it. We need to get him to the mountains this winter for some real snow.

Both boys are resting now after a long playdate this morning. Maybe I should rest as well. Ewan and I were up from 2 to 4 this morning!

No comments: