Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mr. Romance

Happy Valentine's Day one and all!!  Let me introduce you to Mr. Romance (aka Jack).  This requires a story...about two weeks ago my dear sweet husband got me a dozen pink roses.  Last week Jack noted the water level in the vase was getting low and he commented that we needed to fill it.  I then informed him that the flowers were pretty much dead anyway and it was time to get rid of them.  He then decided we needed more flowers.  I told him sometime soon maybe.

Later that afternoon Jack suddenly informed me that he wanted to give Ava (the girl with whom Jack is EXTREMELY smitten at school) a flower for Valentine's Day.  I nearly giggled it was so cute.  Mind you we never discussed Valentine's Day with him...the whole flowers, chocolates and gift thing.  He just picked it up on his own.  Anyway, he told me I would have to drive him to get the flower because he couldn't drive!  I told him to wait and see as the big day got closer.

Over the days he still talked about it.  He definitely wanted to give Ava a PINK ROSE.  He was very specific.  So Sunday we went to the store and got a dozen pink roses since they didn't have them individually.  He is quite excited, though he also wants to give her a pink heart with candy (I talked him out of this).  Later that day I actually did manage to find roses sold individually so I got four.  I figured if he gave one to each of his teachers he could more discreetly give one to Ava.

So Monday rolls around and it is time for his class party.  He is thrilled to take his roses to school.  I took him in the building instead of just dropping him off.  I needed to explain the situation to his teachers (yes, they know he is quite fond of Ava). 

After school I asked him if he gave Ava the rose.  He said yes.  I asked him if she liked it.  He said "I think she liked it!".  It was so incredibly adorable.  My little romantic boy!  Watch out girls, here comes Jack!!  Or should I say watch out dads!!!!  Romeo also shared the same work station with Ava at school that day so he was thrilled.

Hope you are all enjoying your Valentine's Day.  My boys certainly are!!

Jack in the car waiting to go in the school and give Ava her flower!!

No comments: