Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Case of The Missing Tote

Monday we got a new small plastic tote box to keep all these crazy cars in.  So we brought it home from the store and Sean thought it was a fun toy just by itself.  The day progressed and I never got all the cars in it.  Imagine that, I had lots of other things to do!

That evening as Josh and the boys were cleaning toys before bed I noticed the lid but did not see the actual box.  I was busy at the time and did not think much of it.  Then Tuesday rolled around and of course we were busy again.  I still saw the lid but not the box.

Wednesday I FINALLY had time to search for the box.  Since Jack was in school and Ewan was with Oma it was just me and Sean.  And for a change we actually were home part of the morning instead of running errands.  So Sean was playing and I began searching.  I started with the usual places:  behind chairs, behind the curtains, in the toy baskets, under the kitchen and dining room tables, on the dining room table chairs.  None of these places seemed to be hiding the tote.  Then it was off to other places:  the pantry, the laundry room, upstairs....who knows where Sean or the other boys could take it. 

Finally I put it all together.  Sean was the last one seen with the tote.  I probably knew it, but was avoiding it.......the trash can!  That's right, Sean loves to play in the trash can.  Just the other day he had an eggshell in his mouth that he got out of the trash can.  Anyway, I headed over and started taking out trash (even though I emptied it Monday it seemed full).  Out came the raw meat packages, junk mail, banana peels....and nearly at the bottom was indeed the tote!  SUCCESS, and a mess!  After some major sanitizing it now holds many of the boys' cars.

Why hasn't somebody invented a trash can that kids cannot open?????

No comments: