Monday, January 10, 2011

Veggie Eaters

I can now be proud of my little veggie eaters.  It's taken what seems like forever, but they really do like their veggies now.  It all began a couple months ago when I found a great frozen veggie blend at Kroger - yellow and orange carrots, green beans and red peppers.  They really seemed to like the color blend.  We also found purple carrots at the farmer's market, another big hit.

They just ate lots of veggies two nights in a row, yeah Jack and Ewan!!!  Jack even made the comment "last night I ate green and yellow and orange"!! It's all about the colors to them which is fine by me.  Jack was even so bold as to eat his veggies before his chicken. 

I'm proud that my guys finally eat veggies, even if it does take some bribery every now and then.  Last night we had a veggie/lentil soup.  Ewan would eat a bite of soup in order to get his bite of naan.  Sometimes that's what it takes, after all they do love their naan!  And good eaters they are...indian curry chicken, lentil soup etc.  I've definitely seen much worse eaters their age, glad I don't have to deal with that.  They eat what we eat and that's that (although recently we had a cabbage and beef casserole that Ewan truly did not like).

Life is otherwise the usual chaos around here!  Just keeping up with the three boys and being thankful we're healthy again.  Last week we got back to our "routine".  I was thrilled to get to the gym again.

No comments: