Tuesday, November 30, 2010

To gift or not to gift...

So I've come up with a problem with Christmas presents for the boys.  I just found an adorable set of china for Ewan.  I know, most people won't understand this, china for kids??  Jack has the Peter Rabbit set from Royal Doulton, a baby gift from his dear Emmie M.  Anyway, he loves to use it, especially the mug for his hot tea.  So now Ewan is using regular cups too and he doesn't have a mug for his hot tea.  He uses Jack's other cup, a plastic mug with "Jack" on it.

Needless to say it's time for Ewan to get his own china set.  The problem is that I've already gotten each of the boys their two gifts, one from Mommy and Daddy and one from Santa.  So do I get Ewan another one?  Do I get Jack another one too?  Such issues!!!  I'm sure this wouldn't be an issue for most people, go ahead and get it.  But we really are trying to limit their presents and I've gotten my share and already given lists to family for the boys.  I'll have to figure this one out because I really do want him to have it.....anyone who knows me knows that I'm a china freak!!

Yes, I love china.  I have three sets myself.  BUT....I do USE all of my china.  I just don't understand people who have china, whether everyday or fine china, and just let it sit in a cabinet.  That is insane!!  For that matter, why own anything and not use it (speaking of which....any chance I can finally get rid of those National Geographics when we move??!!).  Lately I've had the itch to get new china, not that I will, but I want some!!  I love my everyday china, nice blue and white pattern, but I just want a change.  Nothing much, probably still blue and white or just white.  I've also got my grandma's china which I love to use.  I never used it as a child, only because there wasn't enough for all the grandkids.  I've also got a piece of Josh's grandma's china....now that's one I NEVER saw used.  For that matter, my first Christmas with his family they used paper plates!!  What a shock to a china person!!  I've managed to change him now, though he still likes to use papertowels for napkins.  Guess I can't have it all!

So I've gone off on a tangent again, china will do that do me!  Anyway I'll figure it out soon, Christmas is after all just around the corner!!

No comments: