Monday, May 10, 2010

Random Updates

Life has been busy as always.  Where to begin....Josh and I enjoyed our 6th anniversary, I celebrated my birthday with the family....

Last week I finally started getting back to the gym.  The first day the boys had runny noses so Oma came and watched them.  Then Friday they went to the babysitting room at the gym.  Jack did better this time...he didn't panic until we knocked on the door!  I stayed with them for a while and they were both still crying when I left.  After about 5 minutes I called the room and they had calmed down.  I managed to get a full workout in...of course it's shorter than it used to be since my endurance has gone down!  We'll try to get there two days again this week and build it all back up!

What else....Jack is my fashionista these days.  He is rather particular about what he wears.  He has his favorite shirts and given his way, he would wear only them.  He also has a favorite pair of underwear, frog boxers.  Sometimes at night after he's been put to bed he'll take off his pj bottoms and put on his boxers (of course sometimes they are backwards, but he's happy)!!!  Other times he'll change his pjs after he has been put to bed, even though HE picked out the first pair of pjs.  And then other times he'll just strip down to nothing and run around naked!!  He's quite entertaining!!!!

Ewan is getting bigger and more independent every day.  He copies everything his big brother does and gets very upset when he doesn't get his way.  He is quite the chatter-box, more talkative than Jack was at the same age.

This past weekend we went to an airshow nearby.  The boys enjoyed seeing the airplanes, especially Jack.  Ewan sometimes got startled when they were extremely loud and he didn't see them coming.  Ewan also managed to fall asleep in the wagon walking back to the car....it was a very long day!!!

And of course yesterday I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day.  We were blessed with unusually cool weather so it was a sunny 74 here!!!   I got breakfast in bed (let's just say the boys weren't in charge of that)!!  Then we went for a picnic and "hike" at Sesqui State Park.  And best of all my dear sweet hubby made lobster and bacon wrapped filet mignon for dinner.  Jack was all exicited about the lobster at first...until he saw it and then the expression on his face changed dramatically and he ran away!!!   It was a live lobster....once it was prepared and on the table he kept saying "it's going to get me"....maybe because I teased him about that before he even saw it!!  He touched it to his lip and claimed he didn't like it.  Ewan on the other hand ate it and they both chowed down on the filet.

What else....I'm getting bigger which means the boys are getting heavier for me.  They seem the weigh a ton and strain my back easily.  This week is the big OB checkup with 60 pictures of D3....and NO, WE STILL AREN'T GOING TO FIND OUT THE GENDER!!!

I think that about does it for now.  I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty, but that's just the way it is now!!!  Wait, I already forgot...last week I got my new chair and footstool for the nursery.  I'm so excited!!  The chair I had wasn't very comfortable for much longer than ready a story or two so I decided I better FINALLY get a new one, now that baby three is on the way.  It is so incredibly comfortable....important since I'm convinced this baby will be a bad sleeper, we got spoiled by the first two!!

Enjoy the airshow pics.  The boys just had a photo shoot and the pics were ADORABLE...some of you have seen a sneak peek.  The family shoot is coming up Memorial Weekend, can't wait.  Jack really enjoys posing for Miss Karen!!!















No comments: