Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Admitting Defeat

Sean has pulled out all the stops and is now a full fledged "terrible two".  He is driving me completely insane now, as if it takes much.  I have enough going on with the holidays, making shakes and smoothies all the time (Jack and I are both so OVER this) and regular hectic madness.  But no, he has to make life more complicated. 

He is constantly getting into trouble, defying everything we say, whining, complaining, not napping...  Ah, life is wonderful.  Yesterday he had FIVE accidents.  That is when I finally had a meltdown and admitted defeat.  He is now back in diapers.

I feel like a failure.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am extremely stubborn.  Well, so is Sean.  He won this battle.  For my own mental health I finally had to give in.  They hard part is that he started out so well.  Then the past month or so he regressed for reasons I just cannot understand.  We have tried it all.  And yesterday he did not even have much to drink.  He is doing it to drive me nuts and I know it.  We are having a power struggle right now.  So I will let him win this one for now. 

I never thought I would give in, but it has just become too much.  I still will NEVER be the parent of a three year old that is not potty trained.  That I will never understand.  Ewan trained at 2years and 3months.  Sean will be that age at Christmas, so maybe after the holidays he will decide he is ready again.  Just because he has won this battle does not mean he will win the war!!!

No comments: