Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The value of a good romance novel....

Who would have thought there was much value to a good romance, but there is! Maybe I should explain.  I'm thoroughly enjoying my NookColor, especially at the gym.  Right now I'm reading a romance (though last week it was a mystery so all genres are of course great) and it makes time fly at the gym.  I've always enjoyed my alone time at the gym, but now it really flies.

Today before I knew it I had already burned over 725 calories in an hour on the elliptical.  After cooling down on the treadmill it was about 775 calories burned for the day!!  Time goes by quicker reading my Nook than it did watching TV at the gym.  Plus since I'm busy reading my book I don't obsess over the numbers on the monitor like calories burned, time elapsed, distance, strides/min etc (of course this may also be because I put my Nook on top of the monitor)! 

So, like I said, a good romance is great for a distraction while working out at the gym.  I'm almost done with my current one, so I'll have to find another book soon.  I've been lucky so far with the free ones I've downloaded so far.  Hopefully I'll find another good one!

No comments: