Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Updates

So much to update, yet I probably can't remember it all!  We all recovered from our stomach bug, thank God!!  It was rather unpleasant.  So Sunday we had cabin fever and everyone, especially Cosmo, needed to get out of the house.  We went for a hike at Sesqui.  When I say hike, perhaps it is better explained as a stroll through the woods since both boys walked too.  Ewan really dosn't like being in a carrier so we move slowly.  Jack had a blast...he got to walk Cosmo (amazingly she behaves for him, if Josh or I have her she is a wild beast), he splashed in some major puddles, he peed in the woods AND pooped in the woods (he thought this was WAY COOL, especially since it was yellow poop...which he still talks about)!!  Ewan enjoyed nibbling on pinestraw, playing in the sand and roaming around on his own. 

Then yesterday for the first time both boys were in a day care situation.  I just joined a gym....so they spent some time in the day care room there while I worked out. Needless to say they didn't do so well.  They were playing when I left them but apparently Jack started crying right after I left, which got Ewan crying.  At least they waited a full 30 minutes before they came to get me so I managed to get some time in on the elliptical machine.  We'll just have to keep trying until they get used to it.

After they were "traumatized" at the gym, last night we all went to the USC v. UK basketball game.  It didn't start until 9PM so we knew it would be a tricky night.  Ewan has been really fussy lately with his teeth anyway, and yesterday Jack was being an extreme two year old.  We got to the arena shortly after eight and soon after we sat down Jack was already crying to go to bed.  Not a good sign.  Luckily once the game began it caught his attention and he did better.  For a while both boys were very excited and having a great time, but then there were the fussy, whiny, tired moments.  We managed to make it til the very beginning of the second half...better off anyway since UK went on to lose!

That's life around here for now.  HECTIC...this teething and two year old behavior are driving me insane.  Luckily I can escape to the gym now, once they get used to the day care there.  Good for my mental and physical shape!!!

Here's a few pics from our "hike" through the woods.....














No comments: