Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tis the Season

Jack is enjoying the holiday season.  After Thanksgiving several of our neighbors put up lights and decorations in their yards and he loves it.  He keeps pointing to the Christmas trees...or more like king king trees as he says!! 

The other day I put up most of our decorations while the boys were napping.  When Jack came down he kept saying I see Santa, I see snowman, I see more Santa...each time he discovered another decoration!!  I did minimize it though, just too much trouble when I know both boys will be getting into things.  Ewan already broke one of my favorite bowls!!

Then today when Ewan was napping this morning Jack and I put the lighted garland up around the wrap-around porch.  He was quite thrilled about that.  He looks forward to seeing it lit up when it gets dark in a couple hours.

The tree will have to wait though.  Normally I'd get it now...but tomorrow I am off for a weekend away....no kids, dogs or husbands!!!  It's a long deserved break away from everything!!  Anway, I don't think Josh is up for taking care of both boys AND having the tree up!!  I'm not sure how the tree is going to go over with two toddlers!!

We'll get some pictures up soon.  Maybe after the tree goes up.  It would be nice to get it Sunday evening, we'll see how everyone is doing.

I also got the Christmas cards (and Ewan's b-day thank yous) addressed already.  After we get more stamps the last of them will go out in the mail tomorrow.  I must say they are adorable pictures, but I am a little biased!!  Keep and eye out for them...of course a few of you have already seen them.

No comments: