Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Terrible Twos

Lately Jack has been VERY GOOD...at being a terrible two year old!  So translation...he's been very obnoxious.  Sunday was his first horrible day.  He was an absolute devil all day.  I was still trying to get my energy back, and what little I had he completely drained.  It's hard to remember everything he did, but I do recall it all starting with him running into the fresh dirt added to the herb garden.  It didn't get much better after that!  And Josh was gone that morning so it was all on me.

He's continues to disobey us constantly...and with a smirk on his face.  He is also regressing in his potty training.  We're not sure what is up with all this.  Put him in timeout and he pees.  Or he'll just pee for no reason and not even tell us he did it. 

Yesterday he ran off at the park.  I had my eye on him, turned for a minute and he was off.  We all spread out and found him getting ready to walk the streets of a nearby neighborhood.  Jack the roamer.  Needless to say he got a lecture, but I'm sure given the chance he'll do it again.  He is a challenge right now.  But he's our boy and still as adorable as ever!!

Ewan, on the other hand, is great.  He is walking more and more.  He still crawls, but most of the time in the house he walks.  He is adjusting to wearing shoes outside and the uneven terrain on the grass so he's wobbly out there!  He is our dashing little guy!  Quite the smile on that boy!!!

I'm still getting my energy back, but at least I have enough energy to get out in the morning again.  Cosmo is VERY thankful for that!  I'm also busy getting ready for Ewan's birthday.  He's got a playdate/party with his friends here on Friday.  We'll definitely have to post pics from that.  I'm sure both boys will have quite a fun time.  Then Sunday we'll just have a "quiet" dinner with Oma and Opa at Village Idiot.  We all like their pizza!

We're also busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and then Christmas is right after that.  Still trying to come up with activities for when Grandma and Grandpa come.  Every time Jack hears us say their names he recognizes is and repeats their names.  I'm sure he remembers them and looks forward to their visit.  Hopefully the boys won't wear them, or us, out!!!  Better yet, stay out of the tree.  I haven't figured that issue out just yet!!!

No comments: