Sunday, August 26, 2012

Productive Weekend

Another weekend passes us by, though this time it did not rain so we got quite a bit done around the house/yard.  I was able to clear out six rows in the garden.  After having been out of town for a while and neglect, the garden was extremely weedy.  It took some time, but I found it!  I am still not even halfway done, but I got two rows of pumpkins and one row of gourds planted.  Tomorrow I will plant the other three rows.  Sometime in the next couple of weeks I hope to clear out the rest of the garden....never letting it get that overgrown or weedy again! 

Josh mowed the lawn and worked on the garage.  He made lots of progress and should hopefully be ready to raise the walls next weekend.  He will need to gather lots of help I'm sure.  At least he won't have to worry about his little helpers;  I'll be taking the boys to the mountains with Oma and Opa for the holiday weekend.  We will have tons of fun I'm sure!

I also managed to add more items to the boys birthday lists.  The usual...shoes, clothes, books, games for their leap pads, and even a couple DVDs since we now let them watch a movie now and then and we are all rather sick of the only two we have!

We also have friends over for dinner Saturday night.  The boys all enjoyed playing and getting wild.  They did not get to bed until after 10PM and yet they were up at 6:30 this morning!  Needless to say they went down early tonight and were extremely whiny and cranky.

Today the boys and I went to Charlotte with Oma.  It was a productive trip to Trader Joe's to get some of our favorite yummy goodies.  I cannot wait until our store opens in Columbia early next year.  We also went to Costco and got more goodies.  The boys enjoyed snacking their way through the entire store.  They also were over the moon excited about their new pajamas and sweat suit for Jack.  Jack wanted to wear the sweat shirt in the car and was not thrilled when I would not let him.

As soon as we got home he ran into the house and put his sweat suit on over his clothes and played outside for a while.  I finally had to tell him if he wanted to keep it on he would have to come inside.  So we did.  They watched a movie and after a while Jack and Ewan put on their new winter pajamas.  As I have said before, they get more excited about new clothes than toys!!

So this productive and hectic weekend has passed us by.  We feel like we need another weekend to recover from our weekend!!

I look forward to school starting after Labor Day.  I dream of getting back into some kind of routine! 

No comments: