Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Weekend Over Too Soon

There is just not enough time in the day, especially on the weekends.  We get so little time with Daddy and try to do so much on the weekends.  This weekend we had some yummy dinner Friday night at the Food Truck Roundup.  The boys had a great time, especially splashing in the puddles from the recent  rain!!

Saturday the boys, big and small, worked in the garage and outside.  They got plenty dirty and paint too so I had to bathe them before we headed to a birthday party at noon.  Then errands after the party.  Then late naps.

For dinner Saturday we had some yummy pasta with pesto sauce I made with our garden basil.  All the  boys enjoyed that.  After dinner we flew planes with Daddy and then I made a quick stop at Belk while the guys ran around Sandhills.

Sunday was another day of working around the house.  I made another four quarts of  pickles, this time dill spears.  Josh worked in the garage and the boys found plenty of trouble outside.  Somehow I feel like I got nothing done, yet time flew by way too fast.  We also had a yummy dinner of the "A salad" using Napa Cabbage from our garden and Thai Chicken Biscuit Cups using cilantro from the garden.  YUMMY!!! 

And now it's back to Monday and trying to keep the boys occupied and out of trouble.  Jack misses school and is looking forward to camp next week.  I'm looking forward to camp too.  A whole week of just one child all day.  I have big plans, yet I will probably not get even half of the stuff I want to do done!!!

We are all enjoying eating goodies from the garden!!



Ewan wanted his picture taken too!!



Thai chicken biscuit cups and napa cabbage salad.



Sean LOVED it, he ate two of the chicken cups.  The other boys did not even
finish one (complained about them being spicy).


No comments: