Monday, April 4, 2011

Save me now....

Many of you frequently ask how I do it with three little guys.  Most days aren't too bad, but let's just say it's been INSANE lately.  Let's start with last Friday.  I'm sure I'll forget some of the details, it's probably better that way or I'd truly go completely insane!!

We were already off to a bad start in the morning.  Ewan decided to sleep in, well that means til about 7:30 or so.  He was rather slow eating his breakfast and finally I had to take it away from him so we could get ready to go.  We had to drop off Cosmo at the groomer's by 8:30.  So I got the big boys ready and then picked up Sean who was already good to go, or so I thought.  He was on his quilt on the floor and when I picked him up I saw a MESS!!  He had a massive blowout that went through his dipe, pants, onesie and cardigan and onto the quilt too! 

Somehow we managed to get him changed and drop off Cosmo on time.  Luckily I'm a little OCD about being on time and had some cushion built into our schedule.  After dropping Cosmo off the boys and I went to the gym.  We arrived early and the boys had their snacks in the lobby.  It was a lovely time, great workout (burned 600 calories on the elliptical and did weights) PLUS I got a shower and shave with no interruptions.  Such luxuries!!  When I went to get the boys Sean just did another blowout so I changed him and his clothes.

All this before noon!!!  So we get home and all have lunch.  This, for a change, went well.  Then the boys play in their room while I finish decluttering and tidy up as the new realtor and photographer are coming at 4 to take pictures of the house.  While I vacuum downstairs Ewan pees on his floor !  One more thing to clean up.

We head out of the house by about 1:30 and head to Oma's house.  With pictures at 4 we needed to nap elsewhere since Sean is usually still asleep at 4.  I give Sean his bottle and eventually he goes down for his nap.  The big boys of course had no plans of napping at Oma's, too much fun to have.  I take Jack and Ewan to the grocery to pick up a few things and then we go pick up Cosmo and head back to Oma's.  Sean is still napping and Ewan fell asleep in the car.  I manage to carry Ewan up and put him in bed, still asleep.  So two take naps, pretty good I guess.  Then I took Jack out back and ran all over with him to wear him out a little.  He has a snack.  Sean gets up, I change him and feed him.  Then I hear him with another diahrrea.  While I change him on the floor he pees on Oma's rug!  FINALLY he is clean and we feed the big boys.  Then it's already time to leave....drop off all the boys at the church for date night.  I'm a few minutes late but thrilled to drop them off.  Then I take the groceries and Cosmo home and leave to meet Josh at the reastuarnt.

Date night started a little later than we would have liked since Josh got held up at work and I had to drop Cosmo at home....it was complete nonstop madness since 8:15 that morning!!!  It was so nice to sit down to dinner with NO KIDDOS!!!  Then we went to the store to pick up a couple things, I picked up the kids and met Josh at home.  WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Could it get worse...well yet it can!!  Saturday started out very nice, kids slept well and we had a wonderful breakfast together.  Josh was going to put a coat of finish on the chairs and then we were going to go look at land to maybe build a house.  After breakfast I finished feeding Sean and he had a blowout while I was holding him!  So I'm dirty and he's dirty.  I took him upstairs to change him and it was the worst thing I have EVER seen.....absolutely everywhere.  I managed to get his clothes and diaper off but he was covered....used wipes to clean it off his ears of all places.  Just imagine the mess!!!  Luckily Josh was home and we tag teamed in the tub...I help Sean up while Josh hosed him off!  When I came downstairs after changing Sean Josh was on the phone with work....he was going to have to go in.  So there go our plans.  Once again I'm stuck with all the kids and I really needed a break from them.

Luckily the weather was nice to the troops and I headed to the zoo.  We had a lovely time, as did everyone else...it was quite crowded since the weather was so nice.  Jack and Ewan were playing on the playground there when Ewan informed me he had to go poop...well I could smell it and indeed he had already gone in his pants.  As if I hadn't already dealt with enough crap that morning!!!  Then Josh called and he was on his way home, turned out to be a false alarm and he drove to work for nothing.  We all had lunch at home.

After a while we headed out to go look at the land.  This actually went well, everyone took naps of varying lengths in the car.  The two lots we went to look at were OK, but we drove around some more and found some great locations in horse country.  Found some houses way out of budget, but also piece of land that may be for sale.  We picked up  a pizza on the way home and once again it was a busy day!!

AND IT GOT WORSE....Sean was up at 4:45 Sunday morning.  I got up, changed him and fed him.  He was quite hungry.  Then while he was playing on the floor I heard that lovely noise, change his diaper again.  Washed my hands and less than 10 seconds after I sat down I heard it again!  Change his diaper AGAIN and sit down again.  Managed to do a little on the internet before I finally heard that noise AGAIN, that's right, 3 episodes of diahrrea in about 30 minutes.  He did at least go back to bed shortly after that.  I got to sleep a little too before everyone else got up.  Went to get Sean after he woke up and you guessed it, more mess in his bed.  This time I called Daddy, his turn!

The morning was pretty uneventful except for of course all the laundry.  Then  we had a picnic at the park and played for a while.  Everyone napped well after that!  Luckily the rest of the day was all right, a few more dirty diapers but no disasters and plenty of play time outside!

Then this morning Sean woke up to a mess in his crib AGAIN!  More laundry and more messes to clean, yeah me.  Got everyone fed and cancelled our appt at the gym.  Called the doc and made an appt for Sean there.  Of course we arrived at the office early, thank goodness.  Got Sean out of his seat and he finally managed to do it....a mess in his car seat!  So I changed him in the back of the car while Jack and Ewan had their yogurt smoothie drinks.  Well Ewan managed to spill his all over his shorts and car seat straps.  More mess!  Changed his shorts and we were off.  As I suspected the doc couldn't tell us much.  Likely a virus and hopefully nearly done.  If not better in two days come on back.  We get home and I discover Ewan peed in his car seat.  So now I've got two car seat covers to wash.  I'M SO SICK OF LAUNDRY AND MESSES!!!!!!!!

Luckily Oma saved the day and watched Sean while I took Jack and Ewan to the gym.  I needed my alone time to workout and it was wonderful.  Now it's back to my life that I'd rather forget about right now!

So there you have it....that's a few hectic days in the life of a mom of three boys ages 3 and under!!  Not pretty right now.  Thank goodness it isn't always like this!!

No comments: