Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy Season

April is a busy month for us....our anniversary, several birthdays including mine and my father-in-law's, Easter.....  The weather is warming up which means changing wardrobes, which of course means laundry and attempting to put things away and organize.  All of this takes time that I don't have!!  Oh well, have no fear, the boys aren't running around naked!!

Somehow seven years have flown by since Josh and I got married.  Seven years and three kids later we're still married!!  Where does the time go?  And how can I possibly be turning 38 next week??!!  That just doesn't seem possible!  Somehow birthdays are the same as an adult, especially once you are a parent.  I certainly don't get the day off.  Luckily my mom is in town and she'll make my dinner and cupcakes (well the night before anyway).  Otherwise it would be a day like any other...watching the boys, feeding the boys, fixing three meals a day and cleaning up after all that!  And presents, who gets anything fun anymore?!  It's not like a NEED much.  This year I'll be getting my dining room chairs.  Not exactly exciting, but something we need.  The older you get the more expensive the taste and the less the need for anything.  That's probably why my grandparents never got anything for any holiday really.  And for that matter my parents don't get/want much either.  Just time with the kiddos....I'd rather get time away from them!!  It's not that I don't want much, I just want big ticket items!  And Josh, we he doesn't need much either, except major fashion help!!!!!  If I had the time I'd go through his closet and get rid of all the nasty t-shirts.  Whoever made them in adult sizes??  Not a good look.  If only I could train him to not wear them out of the house, but I suppose if I haven't done it in seven years it isn't looking good!

Just some musings from an aging mama for the day!!!

No comments: