Friday, February 4, 2011

First "emergency" doc visit

Well I knew it was bound to happen with three boys, and frankly we're lucky it hadn't happened yet.  Wednesday morning (while the painter was here mind you) Ewan cut his lip, DEEPLY.  He was playing on the top bunk with a pillow and of course I TOLD HIM TO STOP.  And of course HE DIDN'T OBEY!  So while he tried to throw the pillow over the side of the bed he wacked his lip into the side railing.  Almost immediately I could see the blood gushing all over.  I managed to grab him after just one drop got on the bedspread (and I JUST CHANGED THE SHEETS)!!!

So he laid on the floor and I put some washcloths on his lip.  It took a while but the bleeding finally slowed.  Just then the painter was done of course....told him I'd be down in a minute, I had a gusher upstairs!!  So now we have blood on Ewan's clothes, the bedspread and the carpet.

We make it downstairs and I can better assess the damage.  It's a pretty deep cut so I decide to call the doctor.  "Can you be here by 10:30"....sure why not, it's only 10:10 now!!  So I rush to clean the blood off the carpet before it dries and load up all three boys.  (While I was cleaning the carpet Ewan chewed through his ice frog and made a mess of course)!  We pull in the parking lot at exactly 10:30, only a couple minutes late to the office.

As I suspected they don't do stitches near or in the mouth.  Basically keep a close eye on it for swelling and wash it with saline solution.  Great, so now we have to clean his eye AND lip.  He's really going to LOVE us!!

And in other news....yesterday we enjoyed the ballet again.  Jack was looking forward to it since he enjoyed The Nutcracker.  This time we saw Beauty and the Beast.  Both boys did very well (as did Sean).  Jack, however, had a mini meltdown when the Beast came out.  He was afraid of him!!  He started to cry and sat in my lap.  He later got down and "hid" behind the seats.  He sat on the floor and peeked through the seats in front of him.  IT WAS TOO CUTE!!!  My "tough" little guy was afraid of the Beast!!  He is sensitive about violence....I think it was more the Beast's actions that scared him than his appearance.

That's about all we have.  STILL looking for a house and trying to sell our house.  Looking forward to leaving town for Salt Lake City!!!!  How to pack?????  Luggage limits on planes and packing for Sean too in a cold climate, could be tricky, especially since I still want to take workout clothes for the hotel gym!

No comments: