Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rise and Shine

The holiday weekend is over and time for a new routine! Now that Ewan is pretty much always sleeping until at least 6:30 in the morning I've decided to get up early again so I can exercise. It's the only time I have to myself anymore. So this morning I was dressed and out the door before 5:30AM. It's about the same time I exercised when I was working, but somehow it seems different now with kids.

It was a pleasant walk though. I forgot how fast I can be without nearly 50 pounds of BIG BOYS plus the weight of a stroller and pulling the dog. I took Cosmo and she enjoyed herself too. I forgot how many people are up in the neighborhood at the hour. Saw several of the regular people I used to see out walking. Maybe I'll even start jogging again, after all before kids I used to jog up to 5 miles a day. Right now the goal is just to get back into my pre-pregnancies clothes. The summer isn't the best time to jog around here since it's already hot and humid at 5:30 even.

So life it somewhat routine now. Ewan still likes to change his schedule now and then. He was napping well in the morning and then for the holiday weekend he wouldn't nap in the morning. Then again this morning he started falling asleep in his jumparoo by 8:30! Always something going on!!

Jack now has bruises and scratches all over....arms, legs, fingers and chin. The other night he managed to trip while walking Cosmo. She didn't even pull him, he just managed to fall on his own. So he scratched up his fingers pretty good. After a good cry and recovery time he was back to walking her home though. He is so proud of himself for being a big boy and walking her!! Then yesterday while the guys were all home alone Jack somehow got carpet burn on his chin. Not sure I want to know how that happened!!!

Ewan is getting bigger and bigger by the day! He's absolutely huge. He is not a big fan of baby food yet, a little surprising for such a big guy. He does managed to make quite the mess with his food, just not much finding its way into his mouth! He also loves his big brother. The boys just stare at each other sometimes and laugh. I can't wait until they are a little older and can play together.

No comments: